Dear members of WGGC,
The voting period has ended. Our members selected the new Scientific Committee of our group, 278 valid votes have been received over a number of 548 members (50.73%). The following members have been elected:
1. Boris Mordukhovich (Detroit, USA)
2. Christiane Tammer (Halle, Germany)
3. Fabian Flores-Bazan (Concepción, Chile)
4. Nguyen Dong Yen (Hanoi, Vietnam)
5. Alfredo Iusem (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
6. Rene Henrion (Berlin, Germany)
I would like to express my sincere thanks to the distinguished researchers, members of our group, who accepted to be candidates. Thanks to their participation, we had an excellent list of candidates. This made the choice very difficult for our members, but also greatly contributed to the status and the visibility of our group.
Also, I would like to thank all members who took part in this election process through their vote. And, of course, I would like to congratulate the newly elected members and wish them success in their task.
According to our bylaws, the new Committee will start office on July 1st, 2023.
With my warmest regards,