The 7th International Symposium on Generalized Convexity and Monotonicity was held in Hanoi (Vietnam), from 27 to 31 of August, 2002, and was organized by the Hanoi Institute of Mathematics. About 100 participants from 18 different countries attended the conference and over sixty lectures were given.
The talks covered generalized convexity and generalized monotonicity and its applications in optimization, control, stochastics, economics, management science, finance, engineering and related areas.
Details on the conference proceedings are available at this link.
- CONG, N.D. (co-chair) (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- LUC, D.T. (co-chair) (Avignon, France and Hanoi, Vietnam)
- CHAU, V.N. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- DIEN, P.H. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- HADJISAVVAS, N. (Samos, Greece)
- KOMLOSI, S. (Pecs, Hungary)
- MUU, L.D. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- PHU, H.X. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- TAN, N.X. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- YEN, N.D. (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- “Generalized Convexity, Generalized Monotonicity and Applications”, edited by A. Eberhard, N. Hadjisavvas and D.T. Luc, Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications, vol. 77, 350 pp., ISBN: 978-0-387-23638-4, Springer-Verlag, 2005.
Details on the book are available at this page.
These are the invited papers for the Conference Proceedings :
- J.M. Borwein and K. Karamanos, Algebraic Dynamics of Certain Gamma Function Values, p. 3
- Rainer E. Burkard, (Generalized) Convexity and Discrete Optimization, p. 23
- B. Mordukhovich, Lipschitzian Stability of Parametric Constraint Systems in Infinite Dimensions, p. 39
- Hoang Tuy, Monotonicity in the Framework of Generalized Convexity, p. 61
These are the contributed papers selected for the Conference Proceedings :
- Pham Ngoc Anh, Le Dung Muu, Van Hien Nguyen and Jean-Jaques Strodiot, On the Contraction and Nonexpansiveness Properties of the Marginal Mappings in Generalized Variational Inequalities Involving co-Coercive Operators, p. 89
- T.Q. Bao and P.Q. Khanh, A Projection-Type Algorithm for Pseudomonotone Nonlipschitzian Multivalued Variational Inequalities, p. 113
- Riccardo Cambini and Laura Carosi, Duality in Multiobjective Optimization Problems with Set Constraints, p. 131
- Riccardo Cambini, Laura Carosi and Siegfried Schaible, Duality in Fractional Programming Problems with Set Constraints, p. 147
- Alberto Cambini, Laura Martein and Siegfried Schaible, On the Pseudoconvexity of the Sum of two Linear Fractional Functions, p. 161
- A. Raouf Chouikha, Bonnesen-type Inequalities and Applications, p. 173
- B.D. Craven, Characterizing Invex and Related Properties, p. 183
- Giovanni P. Crespi, Angelo Guerraggio and Matteo Rocca, Minty Variational Inequality and Optimization: Scalar and Vector Case, p. 193
- Giovanni P. Crespi, Davide La Torre and Matteo Rocca, Second Order Optimality Conditions for Nonsmooth Multiobjective Optimization Problems, p. 213
- Andrew Eberhard, Michael Nyblom and Rajalingam Sivakumaram, Second Order Subdifferentials Constructed using Integral Convolutions Smoothing, p. 229
- Albert Ferrer, Applying Global Optimization to a Problem in Short-Term Hydrothermal Scheduling, p. 263
- Misha G. Govil and Aparna Mehra, epsilon-Optimality for Nonsmooth Programming in a Hilbert Space, p. 287
- D. Li, Z. Wu, H.W.J. Lee, Z. Yang and L. Zhang, Identification of Hidden Convex Minimization Problems, p. 299
- Lai-Jiu Lin and Yu-Lin Tsai, On Vector Quasi-Saddle Points of Set-Valued Maps, p. 311
- S.K. Mishra, S.Y. Wang, K.K. Lai and J. Shi, New Generalized Invexity for Duality in Multiobjective Programming Problems Involving N-Set Functions, p. 321
- Phan Thien Thach, Equilibrium Prices and Quasiconvex Duality, p. 341